The Have-a-Chat connect to the Icom 41Pro as well as the older Models – 41W and 41S. They are also compatible with the A15 VHF.
– Priority VHF air-band Reception. It is a legal requirement now for all Australian airborne multiband
radio communications systems to provide priority to incoming VHF air-band transmissions
over any other incoming call. Our system will mute all other devices during incoming VHF calls
and continue for 1 second thereafter to improve thought transition from one conversation to
– Dual headset-ready when used in conjunction with the optional dual connector cable.
– In-flight selectable intercom or ‘on-demand’ sterile cockpit modes for dual headset operation.
– Able to transmit to the radios from either headset whilst preventing the sounds from the other
headset’s microphone from being transmitted.
– Full duplex teleconferencing between a phone caller and both pilots.
– Noise cancelling Mil spec electret microphone with proprietary noise attenuating boom mount.
– Decoupled microphone mount to minimize sound being conducted from the mic boom itself. This
is very important in open cockpit environments.
– Class 5 passive acoustic noise suppressing ear cups giving very high reduction in engine noise.
– Rechargeable lithium battery with built in protection circuit giving over 100 hours of continuous
operation between charges.
– Convenient auto-terminate charging from any USB port via the included headset charging cable.
– Selectable continuous voice feedback (Side tone) for all conversations. This ensures that you
will always be able to hear yourself regardless of which device is being selected for transmission.
The microphone is live continuously so that it is also possible to communicate with ground crew
prior to engine start without the need to remove the headset.
– All headset versions are equipped with dual Press-to-talk buttons, located centrally on each ear
cup. This allows you to use your preferred hand for transmitting radio calls.
– Optional master headset volume control. Once you have adjusted the individual radios and
phone devices for equal incoming audio sound levels, the master volume control allows you to
make a single, easily accessible, inflight adjustment without the need to fiddle with each individual
device’s controls. This feature has been phased out of production for improved safety as it is too
easy to bump this dial during flight and potentially lose the ability to hear important radio
– Highest quality Mil spec microphone wind shield. These wind shields are manufactured in the
USA using hypo-allergenic, open-cell acoustic foam that contain no formaldehydes which are
commonly found in most other foam windshields.